Mobile Personal Injury Lawyers
Helping Alabama injury victims and their families get back on track
A serious personal injury can cause more than physical pain: it can throw your entire life off track. Truly catastrophic injuries can leave you unable to work to support your family, and costs hundreds or thousands of dollars in medical bills and property damage. The Mobile personal injury lawyers of Mezrano Law Firm understand that you’re going to need some help getting back to what you love. Please call us to learn how we can help you and your family move forward after an injury.
How do you know if someone else is responsible for your injuries?
Over the years, our attorneys have helped countless people recover compensation after an act of negligence left them injured. Many of those clients were not sure if they actually had a case before they called us.
It’s not always easy to tell if you have a claim, which is where we come in. The attorneys of Mezrano Law Firm review and analyze:
- Your incident report and/or police report, to learn what happened
- Any photos and surveillance footage of the time you were injured
- Your medical records, to see the extent of your injuries
- Witness statements about what happened
If a manufacturer failed to warn you of a known, potential problem with a product, or a coworker’s negligence causes you to fall, or if you are hit by a drunk or distracted driver – in short, if someone else’s actions led to your injuries and losses – we can help.
Common personal injury claims
Our attorneys handle a wide array of personal injury claims on behalf of Alabama clients. Many of those claims and lawsuits involve injuries stemming from:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
Help for injured Alabama workers
There are two programs available to help injured workers.
- Workers’ compensation is a state-run program that offers weekly wage-loss benefits, along with additional benefits for disability, vocational training, and funeral/burial costs, for injured workers and their surviving family members. In order to be eligible, you must be an employed by a company which carries workers’ comp insurance, and you must have been injured while in the course of your job duties.
- Social Security Disability Insurance is a federal program designed to help workers who have contributed to the program, and who are unable to work because of illness or injury. In order to be eligible, you must be unable to work, and you must have earned enough work credits.
Mezrano Law Firm can help you get the right benefits for your needs.
Why do I need a Mobile personal injury lawyer?
We understand that for most people, the idea of going to trial is a bit frightening. It can be tempting to simply accept the insurance company’s settlement offer and be done with the whole thing.
The truth is, insurance companies only look out for themselves – not for you. Their calculations for your injury’s worth are made by computers (usually through the Colossus program), and are designed to offer you the least amount of money possible.
When you hire a Mobile personal injury lawyer, though, you’re saying that you won’t accept a lowball offer, or a settlement that is not just. Sometimes, all it takes for an insurance company to “play ball” is simply knowing that you’ve hired an attorney who is willing to go to court.
Can I afford a Mobile injury attorney?
Yes, you can! Mezrano Law Firm works on contingency: if you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid. We front all the costs of your claim, and your initial consultation is free, too. Once you’ve secured an award, we take out costs and fees from your verdict or settlement. Everything else is yours to keep, and you don’t have to pay us again.
How much is my personal injury lawsuit worth?
There’s no way of knowing just how much a claim will be worth from the outset; it depends on the losses you sustained. For example, a person who breaks an arm falling on a wet floor may not be entitled to as many damages as a person who sustained a traumatic brain injury because he or she was hit by a tractor-trailer driver who fell asleep at the wheel.
Generally speaking, you are entitled to seek compensation for:
- Your medical bills and treatment costs
- Your lost wages (past, current, and future) related to your injury
- Any property damage you sustained, including towing and rental fees (if applicable)
- Your physical, mental, and emotional pain and suffering
- Your loss of companionship
If your loved one dies as a result of someone else’s negligence, you can file a wrongful death claim. Wrongful death lawsuits are only entitled to punitive damages, which are capped at either 3x the amount of a compensatory award, or at $1.5 million.
Local resources in Mobile
Mobile Federal Courthouse
155 St Joseph St.
U.S. District Court
113 St Joseph St.
Mobile Police Department
2460 Government St.
City of Mobile Fire & Rescue
701 St. Francis St.
USA Health University Hospital
2451 University Hospital Dr.
Contact a Mobile personal injury attorney for help today
If you have been injured because of someone else’s negligence, you don’t have to suffer alone. Our experienced injury lawyers represent clients throughout Alabama in a wide array of claims. Call Mezrano Law Firm in Mobile at 205-407-1768, or complete our contact form and schedule a free consultation today.
If you have a case, you have a lawyer. Call us today to learn more about how we can help you.