Injured by a Defective Product? Let’s Get You Fully Compensated
There is some level of risk for using any product depending on the way you use it. But what if you were injured by a product despite using it as intended through no fault of your own? It means you’re a victim of a defective product.
Defective products lead to nearly 29.4 million injuries and 21,400 deaths each year. So take a good look at the products you use regularly. How certain are you about their safety standards? And what do you do if you end up suffering damages due to a defective product?
If you’re a victim of a defective product, it’s time to hire an effective Birmingham product liability lawyer. They will smoothly handle the burden of proof and take on the legal army of big companies involved in these cases.
At Mezrano, we have a proven track record of getting our clients fully compensated to support their long-term recovery and well-being. Call us for a free legal consultation to know what your case is worth.
Defective Products Defined
Product liability laws allow you to hold any negligent parties responsible for damages caused by product defects. Manufacturers and sellers owe you a duty of care for the products they release in the market.
If the product quality fails to meet a certain standard or endangers your health, it’s a violation of this duty. You’re entitled to seek compensation from the parties responsible for selling you the defective product.
Our skillful Birmingham product liability lawyer has won several settlements for cases involving defective products, such as:
- Prescription drugs
- Medical devices
- Household cleaning supplies
- Industrial tools
- Children’s products
There are three general categories for defective product claims:
- Design Defect – In these cases, the product’s defect was introduced in the design stage. An example of a defective product design would be an e-cigarette that explodes because of a shoddy battery or a toy designed for a small child but contains a choking hazard.
- Manufacturing Defect – A product liability case based on a manufacturing defect is rare, but it includes cases where the ingredients for a drug manufacturer were tainted with a carcinogenic substance.
- Marketing Defect – These are also called “failure to warn” cases because they are related to the labeling of a product. Failure to warn is inadequate warning about a product’s dangerous aspects. For example, a drug maker knows about some adverse effects of a new drug but fails to include this information on the warning label, or Monsanto fails to warn consumers about the potential link between using Roundup and developing non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
The Role of Birmingham Product Liability Lawyer
Product liability cases can have multiple twists and turns as you try to navigate your way to a settlement. There may be multiple liable parties involved, such as the product designer, manufacturer, quality control specialist, engineer, wholesaler, or retailer. A product liability lawyer will lead a thorough investigation to compile evidence and identify the liable parties.
A skillful Birmingham product liability lawyer will help you take the path of least resistance to maximum compensation. They are well-versed with the rules of evidence and legal options they can exercise to fight your case.
They can’t be intimidated or side-tracked by insurers and lawyers representing the defendants. So they know when to play hardball and when to settle.
You may have to take a different course of action at different stages of the case. Sometimes a simple claim is good enough. Sometimes you need to take your case to trial or join a class action lawsuit for a better outcome.
Your lawyer will know how to take the right path at the right time. Our team will give you legal assistance tailored to your needs.
Notable Verdicts and Settlements
The strength of your legal representation adds more weight to your compensation, literally! Many studies show that clients with legal representation can get a settlement three to four times higher than an offer they’d get without hiring a lawyer.
At Mezrano, we believe in letting the product liability settlements we won and the clients we helped do the talking for us.
Here’s a quick overview of the success we’ve achieved in product liability cases:
- Achieving successful outcomes in cases involving product defects.
- Victories in business-related product liability lawsuits
- Countering insurance fraud issues
- Resolving tractor-trailer crashes
- Resolving tire defect cases
- Winning multiple product liability lawsuits related to car crashes
- Winning traumatic brain injury settlements
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Can Be Held Liable for Injuries Caused by Defective Products?
There are multiple parties that could be held liable for injuries caused by defective products, such as:
- Quality control manager
- Product engineer
You are entitled to seek compensation from any of these parties if their negligent actions led to your accident.
What Damages Can Victims Recover in Product Liability Lawsuits?
Product liability lawsuit settlements are generally meant to cover the immediate and long-term damages you’ve suffered due to the product defect.
You have to properly document your economic and non-economic damages with the help of a product liability lawyer. The more transparent you are with this process, the better your chances of being awarded a fair settlement.
Here are the types of damages you can recover in product liability lawsuits:
- Medical expenses for all your medical care related to the injury in the past, the present, and into the future for ongoing health conditions
- Property damages caused by the product malfunction
- Any lost wages or loss of future earning potential
- Pain and suffering from the injury
- Emotional distress about how the injury is affecting your life
- Loss of consortium for spouses of the injured person
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Product Liability Lawsuits in Birmingham?
Alabama state allows a two-year statute of limitations for product liability lawsuits. It means you only file a claim against a liable party within two years of the discovery of your injury. You lose your right to compensation if you miss this legal deadline.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Product Liability Lawyer?
It costs absolutely nothing to hire us. Your product liability attorney will use their legal and financial resources until we win your settlement. You don’t have to pay us any fee unless we win your settlement.