Gadsden Car Accident Lawyer – Helping Car Crash Victims Throughout Gadsden
Despite a promising improvement in car safety features, there’s a worrying increase in the number of fatalities caused by crashes every year.
There’s one car accident happening in America every 13 minutes.
It could shatter your life by giving you a fatal injury or take away the life of a loved one. And even if you survive it without suffering severe injuries, it doesn’t mean you can avoid severe consequences.
Car accidents cost Americans over $474 billion in damages every year.
An injured victim has to deal with medical bills, lost earnings, property damages, and many other losses. Your health and your financial security are at stake. You could lose both if you don’t act quickly.
Unfortunately, it’s hard to stand up to defend them when you can barely stand physically. It’s hard enough to focus on your recovery with all the pain and suffering you may be facing. Taking on piles of confusing legal and insurance work may be too overwhelming.
You need a skilled car accident lawyer who can stand up for your rights while you peacefully recover. Mezrano’s Gadsden injury lawyers have helped several victims like you get compensated for their losses. Call us for a free consultation and we’ll build the legal gameplan to help you reclaim your health and finances.
Types of Gadsden Car Accidents: Understanding Negligence and Legal Support
It’s hard to see a car accident coming when it happens. But things get clearer when you uncover the accident report and examine other evidence. There’s always some level of negligence involved leading up to an accident.
Let’s take a look at some of the most common types of accidents caused by negligence:
Rear-ended accidents – These accidents are usually caused by distracted drivers or those who are tailgating a vehicle. You need time and space to react if the driver in front of you comes to a sudden stop. However, it can also be the fault of the driver ahead of you for abruptly stopping or reversing in an active traffic lane. Broken bones, whiplash, and spinal injuries are some of the most common injuries caused by rear-ended accidents.
Head-on accidents – Although head-on collisions aren’t so common, they cause far more fatalities and life-threatening injuries compared to other accidents. They usually happen when a car swerves into oncoming traffic lanes. The force of the impact is brutal because both vehicles are speeding towards each other. You may end up suffering traumatic brain injuries, spinal damage, internal organ damage, and multiple fractures.
Failure to yield accidents – These accidents are caused when drivers don’t yield to a car with the right-of-way. Ignoring traffic signs and reckless driving leads to most of these accidents. You may have to yield the way in various situations like four-way stops, intersections, stop signs, left turn lanes, and crosswalks. You can easily avoid failure to yield accidents by driving cautiously and understanding traffic safety laws clearly.
Drunk driving accidents – Driving accidents cause a fatality every 30 minutes in America. Alcohol impairs our thinking, reasoning, and muscle coordination. The most dangerous factor is it can easily trick you into feeling that you’re in control of your senses when you’re drunk. It’s best to avoid getting behind the wheel completely and arrange a ride home when you’re planning to drink. You may face criminal charges for negligence if your blood alcohol levels were over the acceptable limit at the time of the accident.
Hit-and-run accidents – Getting involved in a car accident can be nerve-wracking, especially when you know you’re at fault. You may have to bear major legal and financial consequences. Sometimes, negligent drivers freak out and drive away after an accident to dodge these consequences. It only worsens their case when they get caught and endangers the lives of injured victims who need urgent medical attention. One in five pedestrian fatalities is caused by hit-and-run accidents every year.
Distracted driving accidents – Screen addiction has done a lot of damage to our attention spans over the past decade. Over 6 percent of fatal crashes involved some form of distracted driving, including texting and driving, navigating GPS, adjusting the music system, or simply daydreaming.
Drowsy driving accidents – Fatigue is one of the most overlooked causes of car accidents. Early morning or late-night rides can be incredibly taxing if you haven’t gotten enough sleep. Nearly 2 percent of fatalities are caused by drowsy driving accidents. Several studies have already proved that sleep deprivation is far more lethal than food and water deprivation in the short term. A lot of drowsy driving accidents happen when drivers doze off during long stretches of highways where the vehicle is basically on cruise control.
Available Claims & Compensation for Car Accident Injuries: Seeking Justice
Here are some of the most common injuries caused by car accidents:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Facial injuries
- Broken bones
- Dislocated joints
- Heart attack
- Loss of limbs
- Organ damage
- Sprains and strains
- Bruises and cuts
- Loss of limbs
Your recovery depends on the nature and severity of the injuries you’ve suffered. They play a huge role in the evaluation of your compensation for the accident. For instance, a few bruises and cuts will heal within a week and leave no lasting impact on your life. However, a traumatic brain injury can have devastating consequences and permanently alter the quality of your life.
Your settlement also depends on who is liable for the accident and how strong is your evidence to prove their liability.
But even if your injuries are serious and it’s not your fault, you need to play your cards right to get fairly compensated. You may face a lot of insurers and lawyers who will try to delay, underpay, or deny your claim. So choosing a skillful car accident lawyer to present your case effectively by countering them at every step is critical.
Here are the types of compensation you can seek from a liable driver after a car accident:
- Past and projected medical costs
- Mental anguish
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning potential
- Permanent injuries
- Pain and suffering
Navigating Gadsden’s Legal Process for Car Accidents: From Inception to Resolution
The path to building a case for compensation begins at the scene of the accident itself. That’s right! You need to urgently take the right steps to build your claim after the accident. A personal injury lawyer should be the next number you dial after calling 911. They will take charge of every step involved in securing your settlement.
Here’s a simple breakdown of the steps you’ll need to take to build your case:
- Call 911 – Police authorities are trained to quickly secure the accident scene and get all injured parties medical attention. They also provide a comprehensive accident report capturing all the essential information about the drivers, vehicles, road conditions, and other valuable accident details. This report plays an important role in both insurance claims and lawsuits.
- Take pictures and videos – If you’re lucky to walk away without serious injuries, get to a safe spot and capture some visual evidence. It could include pictures and videos of your injuries, vehicle damages, and the surroundings of the accident site. Record any witness statements if possible and keep their contact details with you.
- Get proper medical treatment – Any delay in seeking medical attention can qualify as negligence on your part. They can claim that your neglect aggravated your injuries. You need an official diagnosis from a licensed medical practitioner and follow their treatment protocol immediately. Get a check-up even if you feel like there’s not much pain. Your adrenaline spike after the accident can deceive you about the pain your body is facing. There are certain injuries like concussions and internal bleeding that don’t present any clear symptoms initially but have severe consequences.
- Hire a personal injury lawyer – It’s important to inform your insurance company about your accident as soon as possible. But rushing this process can quickly backfire if you unintentionally say something that they can use against you. Insurance companies only look out for themselves. They will try to discourage, threaten, sweet-talk, confuse, or frustrate you to compromise your claim. A skilled personal injury lawyer knows all their tactics and how to legally counter them at every step. They are the only party whose professional interests are naturally tied to yours. They will aggressively fight for the best outcome. A personal injury lawyer will help you gather evidence, file your claim, deal with car repair and insurance companies, negotiate a settlement, or take your case to trial if necessary. You don’t have to worry about handling any of these steps once you’ve taken the step to hire them.
Why Choose a Mezrano Gadsden Car Accident Lawyer: Your Path to Fair Compensation
At Mezrano, helping injured victims get fairly compensated for a smooth recovery is what we do. We have more than 40 years of combined legal experience and are committed to doing what it takes to win. Our attorneys have extensive experience handling all types of motor vehicle accidents, from rear-end collisions to head-on crashes.
We have won a variety of six-figure and seven-figure settlements for our clients. Check out our case results. We’re dedicated to doing our best to add your success story to that page.
At our law firm, we understand the complexities of car accident cases and the urgency of financial compensation. We’ll help you ease this burden as much as possible. You don’t have to pay us any legal fees unless we recover a settlement for you.
Gadsden Car Accident Lawyer: Your Crash Checklist for Recovery
A skillful personal injury lawyer is like a legal guardian angel who can protect your rights and secure your future after a car accident.
Here’s how Mezrano’s Gadsden injury lawyers will help you:
- Give you a free case review to let you know what your case is worth
- Lead a careful investigation of the accident
- Hire accident reconstruction experts
- Interview witnesses
- Prove liability
- Preparing a solid case for compensation for your losses