Florence Personal Injury Attorneys
Experienced Alabama trial lawyers for when injuries change your life
Every victim of an accident has the absolute right to hold wrongdoers accountable for their pain and suffering. Ever driver, passenger, consumer, patient, and Alabama resident has the right to expect that businesses and individuals will always put safety and caution first. Injuries mean immediately stopping your daily activities so you can get medical treatment. Injuries can prevent you from receiving a paycheck. Traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, and other injuries cause terrible pain and constant agony. At Mezrano Law firm, our Florence personal lawyers have the experience and resources to help accident victims get justice. Call us today.
Fighting for Florence vehicle accident victims
There were 1,550 accidents in Florence in 2017, and 318 people sustained injuries. We represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians, bicycle riders and families in any type of vehicle accident claim including:
- Car accidents. It’s not hard. Don’t drive while distracted. Don’t drive while drunk. Obey the traffic laws. Use caution. When drivers fail to follow these simple rules, they should be held liable for the deaths and injuries they cause. Manufacturers of defective parts, taverns that knowingly serve people who are intoxicated, and counties which ignore (or exacerbate) faulty road design and construction can also be held to account.
- Truck accidents. Nearly 5,000 large vehicles were involved in fatal truck accidents in 2017. Thousands of people nationwide are injured each year due to truck accidents. Victims have the right to hold the drivers and the truck companies that hire the drivers accountable for their wrongs. We represent victims in all types of truck accidents including:
- Truck rollovers
- Cargo spills
- Wide-turn accidents
- Traffic violations
- Distracted driving accidents
- Driver fatigue crashes
- Drunk driving cases
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcycle crashes are often more deadly than other types of crashes because a motorcycle doesn’t offer the rider any protection. We work on behalf of riders who have been injured by other, negligent drivers, as well as for passengers when motorcycle operators speed, fail to run properly, or are careless in any way.
Accidents that cause a traumatic brain injury (TBI)
Traumatic brain injury cases are some of the toughest cases we handle. They’re tough because even victims with a “mild” brain injury (mTBI) (or concussion) may never be fully the same after an accident. Victims with a severe TBI may even die from their injuries. If they survive, they often need a lifetime of medical care.
A TBI occurs when the skull and brain move violently about the head. In a closed head injury, the brain sustains damage while the skull remains intact. In an open head injury (also called a “penetrating injury”), an object penetrates the skull to damage the brain. In either scenario, the brain injury victim is at risk of life-long repercussions, which can affect memory, speech, personality, mood, and motor skills.
Did You Know?
A University of Washington study demonstrated a 56% misdiagnosis rate of concussions in the emergency room setting. — BioDirection
Holding negligent companies and people liable in personal injury cases
A serious personal injury can lead to mounting medical bills. If you cannot work, it can be hard to ensure that your family stays safe and sound while you recover. At Mezrano Law, we help clients who have been critically injured file claims for:
- Medical malpractice
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Nursing home neglect
- Workers’ compensation
- Social Security Disability benefits
What you should know about defective products
Makers of electronic products, cars and other vehicles, medications, toys, and anything a consumer buys have a duty to put safety before profit. In Florence courts, the makers of defective products can be held strictly liable if a product they make:
- Has a design defect
- Has a manufacturing flaw
- Failed to warn consumers about potential injuries
Unlike most negligence cases, there is no need to prove fault in a product liability case. The main work in a product defect conduct is to work with product safety experts who can verify that a product was defective. We then work with these experts and medical experts to prove that the defect caused a fatality, a traumatic brain injury, broken bones, or any type of injury.
How much is my personal injury case worth?
There is no way to say how much a case is worth during an initial consultation, because the full extent of your injuries (and your expenses) might not be known right away. Once we prove liability, however, we can ask for compensation for:
- Medical bills. This includes the cost of past and future surgeries, hospital stays, and doctor visits It also includes the cost for long-term physical, occupational, and emotional therapy. The liable party should also pay for your medical devices and medications.
- Lost income. Victims should be compensated for any lost wages or income until they can return to work.
- Pain and suffering. Victims often suffer a great deal of physical and emotional pain. Non-economic damages like these are more subjective (because there is no exact price for mental trauma, or chronic pain).
- Property damage. Any property damage you sustain should be covered by your award. That can include the cost of a rental car or vehicle repairs, or any other property damage that occurred as a result of the incident.
- Punitive damages. Punitive damages are a way to punish a wrongdoer for his or her negligence. The goal is to ensure that the acts which led to your injury are never committed again. If you have lost a love one, Alabama law says the claim automatically becomes a wrongful death claim, and you are entitled only to punitive damages.
Choosing the right Florence personal injury attorney
At Mezrano Law Firm, we do more than represent you in court, or negotiate for a better settlement. We make sure that your case covers the full scope of the way your life has been affected. That means we will work with your employers and family, as well as financial professionals and accident reconstructionists, to document your economic loss and to show just how painful your injuries are.
We thoroughly prepare each aspect of your case to prove the accident was caused by someone else. When necessary, we work with investigators, engineers, and safety professionals to show negligence or wrongs occurred. Our Florence injury lawyers and staff work with your doctors to fully understand the care you will need. We have a strong track record of success negotiating settlements and trying cases before juries, securing millions of dollars for our clients.
Local resources in Florence
Florence Police Department
702 S Seminary St
Local number: (256) 760-6500
Florence Fire Rescue
402 S Wood Ave
Local number: (256) 760-6475
Eliza Coffee Memorial Hospital
205 Marengo St
Eliza Coffee Memorial Hospital East
2111 Cloyd Blvd
Lauderdale County Courthouse
102 South Court Street
Florence Municipal Court
651 S Seminary St
US District Court
210 N Seminary St
The right Florence personal injury law firm for your needs
At Mezrano Law Firm, every client is treated like family. In each accident case, our Florence personal injury attorneys work aggressively to convince insurance companies that their client is liable and that they are responsible for paying all your damages. We are less than a mile south of University of North Alabama, to schedule a free appointment with a skilled trial attorney, please call 205-206-6300 or complete out our contact form.
If you have a case, you have a lawyer. Call us today.
215 W College Street
Florence, AL 35630