Personal Injury Attorney
Leah Johnson joined Mezrano Law Firm in 2019. A New Orleans native, Leah focuses her work on plaintiffs’ personal injury law.
Leah earned her BA at Louisiana State University, where she earned a full scholarship through the Taylor Opportunity Program for Students (TOPS). She attended Cumberland School of Law at Samford University on a Merit Scholarship, earning her Juris Doctorate in 2018. In 2017, Leah received the Spirit of Service Award, for completing more than 30 hours of pro bono and community service work throughout the year.
Leah is very active within her community, giving back whenever she can. Leah believes in the power of service. This belief helps drive the work she does for Mezrano Law Firm, working within clients who deserve justice for the injuries and harms they have sustained.
When she is not in the office, you can find Leah hiking around Birmingham or painting, or spending time wither her family in Mobile. She especially enjoys watching football in the fall, as her parents are UA graduates and her brother attends Auburn, so between the four of them, they cover the SEC. Leah also enjoys spending time with friends here and at home.
- Personal injury
- B.A., Mass Communication, Louisiana State University – Baton Rouge, LA
- Minor: Business Administration
- Delta Zeta sorority
- Rho Lambda National Sorority Leadership Recognition Society
- J.D., Cumberland School of Law, Samford University – Birmingham, AL, 2018
- Dean’s list
- Cumberland Trial Advocacy Board Member; executive member as a 3L
- Received the “Above and Beyond” Outstanding Senior Award from fellow trial board members
- Peterson National Trial Team Competition director
- Parham H. Williams Freshman Trial Competition associate director.
- President of Cumberland Society of the Arts
- Quarter finalist in the Haley Federal Trial Competition (3L)
- Cordell Hull Speaker’s Forum member
- Judge James Edwin Inn of Court
- Project Homeless Connect, teaching Street Law at Homewood High and volunteering at the Birmingham Volunteer Lawyers Program Domestic Relations Help Desk.
- Amigos for Chris mission trip helping to lay the foundation for a new school in Chinandega, Nicaragua, 2009