Alabama Personal Injury Attorneys
Serving the injured throughout Alabama
If you have been injured because of someone else’s negligence, and you are ready to pursue compensation for your injuries and losses, our Alabama personal injury lawyers are ready to represent you.
Mezrano Law Firm is quickly becoming known as one of the top injury law firms in Alabama. When you have sustained a serious injury and you are searching for a firm to represent you as you pursue compensation for your injuries, we want to be your first choice.
We have six offices located throughout the state to offer comprehensive personal injury representation:
What are the steps in an Alabama personal injury case?
While you are receiving medical treatment and recovering from your injuries, our law firm goes to work gathering evidence and investigating your case. Once your demand package is put together, we can demand the most from the insurance company. If you have never worked with an injury law firm before, here is a quick outline of the process we follow with new clients:
After your accident you will consult with an experienced Alabama personal injury attorney to discuss how your injury occurred. You will explain what injuries you suffered, your medical expenses so far and how much time you have missed at work attending to the injury. At Mezrano, this consultation is free, and you are under no obligation to hire us after this evaluation of your case.
After you have hired us, we initiate an investigation of the accident or incident that caused your injury. Your lawyer will contact witnesses, medical experts, accident reconstruction experts and other specialists to gather evidence about the accident, determine who is at fault in causing the incident that caused your injuries.
3. Preparation of the demand package
With all the evidence of how the incident was a result of negligence and how it caused your injury, your lawyer will develop a demand letter which gets delivered to the opposing side. The demand package includes an outline of your damages, which includes your medical expenses, lost wages, any permanent injuries, future medical costs, your pain and suffering and emotional distress from the trauma of the incident.
A lawsuit is often filed when settlement negotiations break down and neither party is satisfied with the results. But a mediator can step in before the lawsuit is file to facilitate the process of both sides coming up with their own solutions to whatever they disagree on. A mediator is a neutral third party who can be brought in to work with both sides to give them the opportunity to develop an equitable solution. Mediation is an effective path to settlement without the time and expense of a lawsuit.
5. Filing a personal injury lawsuit
Most personal injury cases are settled before they reach the trial stage, but if settlement negotiation and mediation has failed, filing a lawsuit is your only remaining option. Our Alabama personal injury lawyers have litigation experience, and we will take your case to court if that is what is required to recover the compensation you require.
Before the trial, both parties exchange information, which helps each party get an estimation of the strength of the other's case.
In a trial, both sides present their cases and a jury will evaluate the facts on each side, determine who is at fault, and award damages if appropriate. If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the trial, you may appeal the case.
What kind of injury cases do you take?
Our Alabama personal injury lawyers have represented clients who have been injured in the following types of accidents and incidents. We also refer certain cases to other local firms that we trust to handle our clients with the utmost care and concern:
- Car Accidents. Car wrecks one of the most common causes of personal injury in the U.S. Whether you walked away with minor impact soft tissue injuries, or a traumatic brain injury with lasting disability, we can help you recover the compensation you need.
- Truck Accidents. A collision with a tractor-trailer can cause catastrophic injuries and fatalities. If you survived am accident with a tractor-trailer, or if you lost a loved one in a truck wreck, we are here to get justice for you.
- Motorcycle Accident. Motorcycle injuries can be devastating because riders have no protection from the impact of other motor vehicles or the road.
- Wrongful Death. When you have lost a loved one because of the reckless or negligence of someone else, the Alabama wrongful death lawyers at Mezrano Law Firm hold those responsible for your injuries accountable for your injuries.
- Premises liability. Slip and fall accidents, deck collapse, negligent security, and animal attacks all fall under the legal category of premises liability. We represent clients who wish to take legal action when property owners’ negligence leads to injury.
- Workers’ Compensation. Our lawyers represent injured workers who are facing a dispute with the Alabama Workers’ Compensation Division, or with their employer’s insurance company. We fight for the benefits due to you after you were injured at work or diagnosed with an occupational disease.
- Medical Malpractice. Preventable medical mistakes are one of the top three leading causes of death in this country. Physicians and other medical professionals owe their patients a duty of care to act in compliance with the accepted standard of care. When a doctor’s medical error causes your injury, we are here to help.
- Nursing Home Abuse. Whether an elder is not receiving adequate care and protection, or whether they are being injured intentionally, abuse and neglect are harmful and cause physical, emotional and psychological injury. If you think your loved one, another elder or a vulnerable adult is being neglected or abused, you have a duty to report it. Our Alabama nursing home abuse attorneys are here to fight for justice for those being abused because they are vulnerable.
Regardless of whether you were injured in a car wreck, a truck accident, a slip and fall or if you were injured at work or need help filing for disability benefits, Mezrano Law Firm is here to represent you. Call us today so that we can get started on your case.
Can I afford an Alabama personal injury lawyer?
Yes, you can. Our entire team works on contingency. That means that our fee is contingent on winning your case. In other words, if you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid.
If we take your case, we put up all the costs associated with your claim. Once you’ve won, your award will go into a trust fund. Any outstanding medical bills will be paid from that trust, and then we take our fee. Once that happens, you get a check for the rest of the award. Your injury award is tax-free, too, so the entirety of settlement or verdict is yours to keep.
Mezrano Law Firm provides experienced representation for injury victims
With more than 40 years of combined legal experience, the Alabama personal injury lawyers at Mezrano Law Firm have earned a reputation for attentive client care, while aggressively pursuing justice on their behalf. Whether you have been injured in a car wreck, a truck accident, suffered a workplace injury, or lost a loved one in an accident, we are here for you. We have offices in Birmingham, Florence, Gadsden, Mobile, Montgomery, and Tuscaloosa. To schedule your free initial consultation with an experienced Alabama personal injury lawyer, please call 205-206-6300 or fill out our contact form.
If you have a case, you have a lawyer. Call us today to learn more.