Mobile Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Experienced representation for injury victims throughout Alabama
Perhaps one thing that is more upsetting than driving by an accident scene on the highway and seeing an injure motorcyclist is to be that injured motorcycle rider laying there on the pavement, grateful to be alive, but in terrible pain from their injuries. Because the only protection they have for their body is their helmet, motorcycle riders can suffer devastating injuries when they are involved in a crash with another motor vehicle on the road.
At Mezrano Law Firm, we represent injured motorcycle riders throughout Alabama. After you or someone you care about has been injured in a motorcycle crash, we are here to make sure that you receive the representation you need to recover the maximum compensation available.
Causes of motorcycle accidents
At the root of many motorcycle accidents that are caused by the negligence of drivers is the failure to keep a lookout for motorcycles, and to yield the right-of-way to them when it is appropriate. The following are just a few of the factors that can lead to a motorcycle crash:
- Making a left-hand turn in the path of a motorcycle
- Violating traffic laws in an intersection
- Riding in poor road conditions such as debris in the roadway, potholes, crumbling asphalt or other road defects, bad weather such as ice, snow or heavy rain can lead to a motorcycle accident.
- Alcohol or drug use
- Dooring accidents
- Motorists failing to yield the right-of-way to the motorcyclist
- Crashing into the back end of a motorcycle
Motorcycle accident injuries
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that motorcyclists die 28 times more frequently than occupants of other vehicles in fatal crashes. All drivers need to be aware and on the lookout for motorcycles, which are smaller and nimbler than other vehicles. Motorcyclists, per the guidance from the NHTSA, must also make sure that they are visible in traffic, that they wear DOT-compliant helmets to protect their heads, and always ride sober
- Road rash, cuts and lacerations
- Burn injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic amputation/limb loss
- Bone fractures
- Internal organ damage
Did defective motorcycle equipment cause your accident?
Every kind of vehicle–even shiny new ones right off the dealer’s lot–can have mechanical defects. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) has a database of vehicle safety recalls which includes motorcycle equipment and helmets. You can sign up to receive notifications about recalls at safercar.gov. The following are a few examples of recent motorcycle equipment recalls:
- Involution Sports IV2 HY808 Motorcycle Helmets
- Triumph recall
- Polaris Slingshot motorcycle recall
- Indian Motorcycle Company of Scout, Scout Bobber and Scout Sixty motorcycle recall
- BMW of North America, BMW C600 Sport, C650 Sport and C650 GT scooter recall
- Ducati defective brake pad recall
- Kawasaki Motors Corp. Z900 ABS, Z900 RSABS, Z900 RS CAFE ABS motorcycle recall
Examples of common types of defective motorcycle equipment:
- Brake failure
- Defective handlebars and steering system
- Fuel line defects
- Tire failures can cause a blowout
- Chain defects
- Defective helmets
If defective motorcycle equipment caused your crash and your injuries, you will need an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer to thoroughly investigate the crash. Proving that the defective equipment caused the crash can be complicated. Our attorneys know how to pursue defective product cases, and we know how to hold those responsible for your injuries accountable for your losses.
Five smart reasons to hire a motorcycle lawyer after you have been injured in a crash
If you are wondering if it’s worth it to hire a motorcycle accident lawyer, here are a few ideas about why it makes a lot of sense.
1. We investigate the motorcycle accident for you.
We gather evidence and determine the cause of the accident and who is at fault. We hold those who are responsible for your injuries accountable for your injuries and losses.
2. We guide you through the process of pursuing compensation
Filing an accident injury claim can be complicated. We explain the process and we keep you up to date on the progress of your case.
3. We review and evaluate the medical records of your injury.
You can trust our experienced personal injury lawyers and medical experts to evaluate the severity of your injury and consider how the injury will affect your life.
4. We know how to value your case and negotiate in your best interests.
The defendant’s insurance company will have a team of lawyers representing them with the goal of making sure that you recover as little compensation as possible. We negotiate for you to make sure that you recover the compensation you need to cover your losses and any ongoing medical expenses related to the accident.
5. We will file a lawsuit and argue your case before a jury to improve your chances of recovering fair compensation for your injuries.
Some injury law firms only settle cases. We are prepared to litigate when necessary to protect your right to recover fair compensation for you. With more than 40 years of combined legal experience, we understand that sometimes insurance companies have preconceived ideas about motorcyclists. You can rely on Mezrano Law Firm to fight for you.
How much is my motorcycle accident injury worth?
Motorcycle accident injuries can often be far more serious than car accident injuries because motorcycle riders have little protection other than their helmet from the impact of a crash. When your injuries are more severe, and require medical attention and possibly a hospital stay, these elements are the ones that factor into determining the value of your case. It is important to know that we are unable to give you any kind of accurate estimate of what your case might be in the beginning before your injury has healed and before you know how it will impact your life and your ability to work.
If your case is successful, there are several types of damages you may be able to recover including:
- Medical expenses related to the motorcycle accident
- Wage losses for time away from work recovering from your injuries
- Disability, diminished earning capacity because of permanent injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Punitive damages where appropriate
- Other losses
Our experienced Mobile motorcycle accident lawyers are committed to fighting for the maximum compensation available to cover all your losses. We are ready to discuss your case in a free consultation today.
Mobile motorcycle accident lawyers fighting for Alabama victims of car accidents
Those who have been injured or lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident may wish to pursue justice in the form of fair compensation. The experienced Mobile motorcycle accident lawyers at Mezrano Law Firm are committed to protecting the rights of the injured. With offices located throughout Alabama, we are here to help you. You are welcome to call 205-407-1768 or fill out our contact form and schedule your free initial consultation with a Mobile personal injury lawyer today.
If you have a case, you have a lawyer. Call us today to learn more about how we can help you.