Montgomery Truck Accident Lawyers
Helping Alabama families recover after a collision with a big rig
In order for the economy in Alabama to move in the right direction, there needs to be a lot of commercial trucks on the roads. The more of these trucks you see, the better performance from the economy because there are more goods being demanded by the public. But these trucks can also be incredibly dangerous. Commercial trucks are quite large, often weighing more than two tons, and can leave a trail of damage in their wake if involved in an accident. The Montgomery truck accidents attorneys from the Mezrano Law Firm understand the stress that comes with suffering an injury in a truck accident. We also understand that you might miss extended time at work and won’t be able to pay the bills. We will fight for the compensation you deserve in such a situation so you can handle all that is thrown at you.
Common causes of Montgomery truck accidents
Victims of Montgomery truck accidents can wind up suffering a slew of injuries that can change their life in an instant. These injuries can include contusions, broken bones, head trauma, paralysis and more. The most common causes of Montgomery truck accidents include the following:
- Blind spots. The sheer size of commercial trucks means there are a lot of blind spots. Commercial truck drivers cannot always see smaller cars around them, leading to back-up accidents and rear-end collisions.
- Driver negligence. A trucker who is tired, distracted, or impaired by drugs or alcohol is a danger to everyone. Driver negligence and reckless behaviors can lead to serious injuries.
- Improper maintenance. Trucks must be maintained. Tires with poor treads and other defective or malfunctioning truck parts can lead to a crash that is beyond the driver’s control to stop.
- Poor road management. Interstates like I-65 and I-85 connect Montgomery to other cities, so they see a lot of wear and tear. If there are potholes, sinkholes, missing signs and guardrails, broken lights, or even overgrown vegetation, all drivers are at risk of a crash. Given the sheer number of tractor-trailers on those roads, the chances are good that one of them will be involved.
Lack of driver experience, or poorly loaded trucks, can also lead to accidents if the driver panics, or if the truck tips over.
Catastrophic injuries caused by Montgomery truck accidents
Montgomery truck accidents can lead to catastrophic injuries that can change your life in a matter of seconds. These accidents can prevent you from working, from earning a living, from caring for your family and much more. There are four main categories of catastrophic injuries:
- Disfigurement. Disfigurement is a common injury caused by truck accidents. It often occurs when the victim is severely burned or scarred in the accident. A vehicle can easily catch fire when involved in a truck accident.
- Amputation. Amputation of an arm or leg due to the injuries suffered in a truck accident is not uncommon in Montgomery. If the injuries to your extremities are too serious to repair, or can lead to other serious problems, your arm or leg could be removed.
- Spinal cord injuries. Any injury to the spinal cord can lead to paralysis or other disabilities. Spinal cord injuries could cause you to struggle with daily activities like walking, feeding yourself, bathing and more.
- Traumatic brain injury. A TBI can change your life in an instant. Victims often suffer from dizziness, memory loss, problems with their speech, extensive comas, complete or partial paralysis, a change in cognitive function and much more.
Claiming damages for your pain and suffering
When you make a claim for compensatory damages – losses that can be compensated – you are asking for two types of compensation: economic, which covers things like medical bills, property loss, and lost wages, and non-economic, which covers emotional trauma, pain and suffering, and loss of companionship.
Pain and suffering is a very real claim. After a collision with a commercial truck, many victims live in constant pain. They may find themselves afraid to drive again, or unable to connect with their loved ones. These types of damages are more difficult to quantify – how do you put a price on a loss of intimacy? – so you need an experienced Montgomery truck accident lawyer to help you assess what those damages are worth.
How does insurance work in a Montgomery truck accident?
Those injured in a Montgomery truck accident will want to receive compensation for their injuries as quickly as possible. This often means filing a claim with their own insurance company or the company that covers the at-fault party. Speaking to an insurance company after a truck accident is never in your best interest until you have spoken to one of our truck accident attorneys at the Mezrano Law Firm. Insurance companies have one common goal: to pay as little as possible for any claim filed. An attorney will be able to negotiate a favorable settlement or file a lawsuit on your behalf.
Call the Mezrano Law Firm for the help you need
If you or a loved one has been injured in a Montgomery truck accident, it is in your best interest to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney immediately. The Mezrano Law Firm understands how your life will be different from this moment moving forward. Call the office in Montgomery at 205-407-1768 today, or contact us to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys about your case. We will treat you like family as we fight for your right to compensation.
If you have a case, you have a lawyer. Call us today to learn more about how we can help you.