Florence Motorcycle Accidents Lawyers
Representing victims of Alabama motorcycle accidents
Here in Florence, Alabama, there are plenty of roads and highways for motorcycle riders to get out there on great weather days. With U.S. Highways 43 and 72 close by, there are lots of travel options. Of course, motorcyclists also must share the road with other vehicles, like cars and trucks – and careless motorists can cause motorcycle accidents.
Because of the size and design of a bike, motorcyclists rarely leave the scene of serious accident unhurt, even when they’ve worn appropriate safety gear and followed all the traffic laws. Depending on the severity of the accident, a motorcyclist could suffer long-term injury or permanent disability. Some accidents can be fatal. And, worse, the negligent driver of the other vehicle could walk away without a scratch.
If you’re injured in a motorcycle accident, the injury attorneys at Mezrano Law Firm in Florence can help. We want to help ensure you’re compensated for your injuries and losses, and will investigate thoroughly into your accident to find out who or what was responsible. Talk to us today.
Common causes of Florence motorcycle accidents
Motorcyclists know the indescribable feeling of taking out their bike on a beautiful day. However, because of the inherent lack of protection a motorcycle provides, even the most casual trip out on a bike can quickly turn tragic. In 2016, 5,286 motorcyclists were killed in accidents across the United States. Ninety-six of these fatalities occurred in Alabama.
The most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Distracted driving. Even though distracted driving is a known problem and against the law, we see people do it every day. And, when a driver takes their eyes off the road – to text, eat, look at something or someone else for a split second – they can easily miss a motorcyclist in their path.
- Drunk driving. Driving under the influence is dangerous and illegal for everyone. Intoxicated drivers have poor judgment, impaired reflexes and drives unpredictably and recklessly. Motorists who get behind the wheel after drinking may never even see a small vehicle like a motorcycle.
- Rear-end crashes. Many motorists may describe accidents as a “fender-bender,” meaning just a minor accident. However, when a motorcycle is involved, a rear-end crash can throw the rider clear from their bike, into a stationary object or even into oncoming traffic, causing serious injury.
- Reduced visibility. Even in good weather, motorcycles may be difficult to spot on the road – sometimes too late to avoid an accident. Minimize your risk by keeping your headlights and brake lights in working order at all times.
- Speeding and aggressive driving. Reckless and aggressive drivers can cause havoc on the highway. Drivers with road rage especially tend to swerve between lanes, tailgate or run motorcyclists off the road.
- Blind corners and turns. As a motorcyclist, you already know that navigating tough turns isn’t easy even in the best of situation. But when you’re sharing the road with other vehicles, you run the risk of unaware motorists taking you by surprise and causing an accident.
- Roadway hazards. Unexpected dangers like tree debris, fallen truck cargo, potholes or sudden slippery conditions can cause rough driving and accidents. Our Florence attorneys can find out who or what was responsible.
Common Alabama motorcycle accident injuries
Even a minor motorcycle accident can cause injuries like broken bones or road rash. An accident with a car or truck, however, can cause serious and sometimes catastrophic injury that can leave the victim with life-altering injuries. In some cases, your loved one may have lost their life because of another person’s recklessness.
Some of the common injuries motorcyclists experience in crashes include:
- Broken and fractured bones
- Chronic pain
- Facial injuries
- Internal injuries
- Lacerations and cuts
- Paralysis and spinal injuries
- Road rash and burns
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Wrongful death
Remember that helmets can save lives in the event of a motorcycle accident. Alabama state law requires bikers wear protective helmets while riding.
How Florence motorcycle accident attorneys can help
Unfortunately, you can be the safest motorcyclist in Alabama, obeying every traffic law, wearing all the proper protective gear, but you can’t stop a careless driver from causing an accident and causing you injury. Due to the lack of a protective frame around a bike, a motorcyclist is simply more likely to experience more serious injuries in an accident than passengers in a car or truck.
The legal team at Mezrano Law Firm has decades of experience in personal injury matters, and we bring that experience to you to help recover compensation for your injuries and losses, including things like:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages from being unable to work, including in the future
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages, awarded by the court when appropriate
Our attorneys are aware that many people have a bias against motorcyclists, and when we represent your case, our goal is that it’s heard without prejudice. We’ll look into your claim from every angle, and ensure we build the strongest case against the negligent party and work to secure you the maximum amount of compensation.
Talk to skilled Florence motorcycle accident lawyers today
At Mezrano Law Firm, our motorcycle accident lawyers protect your rights when you’re injured due to someone else’s recklessness. We’ll work tirelessly for you to get your medical bills paid and the financial compensation you need and deserve while you recover from your injuries. Call us today at 205-206-6300 or fill out our contact form to set up a consultation at our Florence office.
215 W College Street
Florence, AL 35630