William Kevin Diver
Will Diver serves as Of Counsel in the Florence office of Mezrano Law Firm serving all of North Alabama. Born in Lafayette, Louisiana, Mr. Diver lived his early life abroad, growing up in Tunis, Tunisia and Cork, Ireland. A graduate of the University of Alabama and the Thomas Goode Jones School of Law at Faulkner University, Mr. Diver has deep family ties to the Yellowhammer State.
Before joining Mezrano Law Firm, Mr. Diver represented individuals, local businesses, and corporations in a variety of civil litigation, criminal defense matters, securities litigation, and estate litigation. Mr. Diver has also operated a robust transactional practice spanning multiple industries, from oil & gas to real estate, where he was able to apply his courtroom skills and background in helping those businesses establish themselves, grow, grapple with regulations, plan for taxes, and litigate over taxes at the State and local level. Will has also leveraged his international experience in growing a strong international practice representing many international clients from across Europe and Africa. Mr. Diver takes great pride in helping further and grow the economy in his home state through support for small business.
When not in the office, Will can be found spending time with his family—his wife Erin and his children Cora and Teddy. Will also enjoys reading and spending time golfing. Will greatly enjoys history, politics, and fast cars. Finally, Will enjoys spending weekends in the fall in Tuscaloosa with the Crimson Tide.
- Civil Litigation
- Criminal Defense
- Business and Corporate Practice
- Appellate Practice
- D., Thomas Goode Jones School of Law at Faulkner University, 2014
- Public Interest Fellow
- Faulkner Scholar Award Recipient
- Research Assistant
- A., The University of Alabama, 2012
- Dean’s List
- United States Federal Court Northern District of Alabama
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- United States Tax Court
- Shoals Business Incubator, Board Member
- Alabama Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Southern States Police Benevolent Association
- North Alabama International Trade Association
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2019–2020
- Alfonzo Ramon Jarmon v. State of Alabama, 2019 Ala. Crim. App. Lexis 24 (overturning a murder conviction)
- Sonogas G.E.
- The national gas company of the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- The Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- The City of Sheffield Alabama
- Pinnacle Exploration Partners Corp.